As the electric vehicle charging pile (plug) on the power distribution side of the power grid, the particularity of its structure determines that the automatic communication system is characterized by many and scattered measured points, wide coverage and short communication distance. And with the development of the city, the network topology requires a flexible and extensible structure.
Therefore, the following issues should be considered in the selection of the communication mode of electric vehicle charging pile (plug):
(1) Reliability of communication - the communication system should withstand the test of harsh environment and strong electromagnetic interference or noise interference for a long time, and maintain smooth communication.
(2) Construction cost - on the premise of meeting the reliability, comprehensively consider the construction cost and the cost of long-term use and maintenance.
(3) Two way communication - it can not only upload information, but also release control volume.
(4) Multi service data transmission rate - with the continuous growth of terminal traffic in the future, the communication between master station to sub station and sub station to terminal requires higher and higher data transmission rate to realize multi service.
(5) Flexibility and scalability of communication - because the charging pile (plug) has the characteristics of many, wide and decentralized control points, it is required to adopt standard communication protocols. With the development of "all IP" network technology trend and the continuous growth of power operation business, it is necessary to consider IP based service bearing, and it is also required to be convenient for installation, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.